Using the Pressidium Dashboard
- Select the Websites menu option from the Dashboard sidebar.
- Click on your website's name to go to the website overview.
- Click Domains to view all the domains associated with the website.
- Click Add to navigate to the New domain name screen.
Follow the guided steps to add the secondary domain:
- On Step 1 enter the secondary domain you want to redirect to your primary domain (e.g. myredirectdomain.com).
- On Step 2 ensure that you have setup / configured the proper DNS records for the domain you are adding.
- On Step 3 select get redirected to another domain and choose an existing domain to redirect to. Select get redirected to another domain and choose an existing domain to redirect to for the www variant of your secondary domain. Visitors visiting your secondary domain or the www variant will get redirected to your primary domain using a 301 Permanent redirect (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/301).
4. On Step 4 select whether to enable SSL or not. You can opt to use a free Let's Encrypt certificate, automatically generated by our platform, or a custom one uploaded by you. Note: If you select to use a Let's Encrypt certificate you should ensure that DNS records are properly set or the certificate issuing process might fail.
5. Click Submit to add the redirect domain. You can monitor the progress using the Activity in Progress sidebar panel and a Dashboard notification will be displayed as soon as the provisioning process is completed.