There are two things that you need to do to have your website and domain fully operational:
- Map your domain to your WordPress website.
- Update your A records in your registrar's DNS settings.
Step 1: Map your domain
Lastly, from your Domains tab, click the Map a Domain button. The following dialog will appear:
Enter your domain, for example: acmeshop.com and press the Add Domain button.
You can also add as many redirects to your primary domain as you want. Click the Add Redirect button, and enter the domain name.
Step 2: Update A records
- Select the Websites menu option from the Dashboard sidebar.
- Click on your website's name to go to the website overview.
- Click the Domains tab.
- Note down the two IP addresses associated with your website.
Login to your registrar's DNS panel, delete your old A records, and add the two new ones. Below is a list of resources for the most popular DNS services:
- Cloudflare: How do I add A records?
- BlueHost : How to Modify Your DNS Records
- MediaTemple : How can I change the DNS records for my domain?
- NameCheap : How do I set up host records for a domain?
- GoDaddy : Managing DNS for Your Domain Names
DNS changes can take up 48 hours to fully propagate on the internet, although usually it takes a few hours. You can check for yourself the status by using an online service such as www.whatsmydns.net.